Developer Node. js required for a 6 month contract based near London Bridge to create maintainable cloud based data pipelines and applications with automated infrastructure.ResponsibilitiesModify...
My client, a leading blue chip company is looking for a Full Stack Developer who has experience in designing and implementing databases and can expose databases through API's. The project will be to work on a new subscription-based data service - a node.js based suite of microservices that forms the user-interface, built on top of modern graph databases and search technologies.
To join an existing team of 4 (1 UX Designer, 1 Product Owner, 1 Delivery Lead & 1 Project Manager) working on prototypes, rapidly integrating with regular user testing and will grow over time.
This will be a 6 month contract initially based near London Bridge tube station.
- Designing and implementing databases and can expose databases through API's
- Liaising with product owners, UX and designers to help shape the user experience
- Managing the lifecycle of a feature - from design to build to deployment
- Contributing to the company-wide frameworks
- Familiarity with a range of database technologies, for example graph, SQL and No-SQL databases
- Knowledge of a variety of software design patterns, such as factory, observer, module, pubsub, closure, async, promises etc.
- Some server-side development experience (e.g. node.js, python, java...)
- Working knowledge of Linux command line tools and version control concepts
- Experience working with AWS
Any of the following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Awareness of Neo4J and Elasticsearch or similar
- Knowledge of the current state of ES6 and ES7 development
- Experience with version control and front-end build tools (Sass, babel, grunt etc.).
- Web accessibility knowledge
- An understanding of design and UX principles
Please apply online today or call Emma Haslam on 0113 200 2259 for more information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.