SQL Server Database Administrator, Leeds - Permanent
My client is a consultancy company that specialise in the Public Sector/Healthcare who are currently looking to recruit a SQL Server Database Administrator.
The key experience and knowledge of the SQL Server Database Administrator include:
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server 2008 - 2014 (2014 experience preferred).
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO)
- Experience using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and paid for tools (Redgate, Idera)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts and scripting languages (PowerShell)
BI experience (preferred but not essential)
- Experience with data warehouses (Kimball/ODS)
- Report development
The key responsibilities for the SQL Server Database Administrator include:
- Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
- Review log and performance metrics and conduct routine performance tuning
- Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
- When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
- Conduct SQL Server lunch-and-learn sessions for application developers
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc.)
- Writing and improving SQL Server T-SQL queries
- Designing tables and picking data types
This is a Permanent role for a SQL Server Database Administrator working for a top company on a global scale. To apply to the SQL Server Database Administrator Role please send a CV or call to discuss.