Primary RoleTake responsibility for the day to day operational management of the IT infrastructure.Respond to 3rd line incidents/requests across a number of technology areas.Communicate with...
Infrastructure Engineer - Citrix
The position for a Citrix Infrastructure Engineer is based within the Infrastructure and Security - End User Compute team (EUC) with a leading Retail client in Bracknell.
- Define and deliver client infrastructure components on complex projects
- Following existing processes to provide 3rd line Operational Support for all client owned platforms.
- Ensure that all Operational support activities ( Administration, Incident & Problem Management ) are performed to high quality and agreed timescales.
- Create all Operational Support documentation (Installation and support) for transition into ITSC 1st and 2nd line.
- Assist in the implementation of project pilots and rollouts, to aid Operational understanding and transition.
- Build strong relationships with team colleagues, customers, stakeholders and suppliers
- Communicate progress to all customers, around Incident , Problem, and Change handling via Service Now.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Citrix virtualisation platforms ( Administration & Operational Support )
- Airwatch EMM (Products / Profiles and app deployment)
- VMWare desktop virtualization platforms
Essential Business Skills:
- Ability to communicate/translate technology to non-technical customers/users
- Ability to work with subject matter experts to compliment your own knowledge
- Experience of working with third parties/suppliers
Desirable experience and technical / business skills:
- Experience of working in the Retail sector and managing payment solutions (tills, self checkouts, scales) and stock management
- Knowledge of SCCM 2012 and application deployment
- Experience of using the Airwatch MDM platform for managing mobile devices
- Knowledge of network capabilities (Proxies, VLANs, ACLs etc)
- ITIL qualification(s)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.