Technical Services Manager / Service Manager / Service Delivery Manager We are currently seeking a Technical Services Manager for a leading organisation based in Maidenhead....
Technical Services Manager / Service Manager / Service Delivery Manager
We are currently seeking a Technical Services Manager for a leading organisation based in Maidenhead. The Technical Services Manager is a senior level customer facing role providing support and assistance to end user IT services, enabling cross functional technical support and engaging in communication with stakeholders. This is to facilitate effective technical decision making in relation to the services provided to the user community.
The Services Manager will provide an escalation point for technical advice and problem solving support across the enterprise to incidents and requests raised from customer staff via the Service Desk. Working in a structured and objective way across the technology spectrum, you must be able to technically assess an incident or request, consider the required outcomes and seek to find a resolution though either technical resolution, or escalation to internal departments. Where necessary, write technical process and/or documentation to aid the Service Desk in the support of the user estate.
The Technical Services Manager will review and make recommendations for end user compute software to deliver a specific service for end users. They will provide assessment of requirements to be carefully researched and considered within the customer's environment, including business requirements. They will provide technical advice in support of the Service Desk and act as the point of technical escalation for the Service Desk and Onsite Engineers, supporting the Service Delivery Manager. They will assist in the management and resolution of major incidents.
The Technical Services Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to coordinate and plan tasks and activities while considering dependencies and critical milestones for completion
- Strong understanding of delivering end user compute and software packages
- Strong understanding of ITIL process and demonstrable experience
- Able to follow strong process guidelines for reporting and management of network delivery
- Excellent customer service skills
- Communication with stakeholders through to director level
- Good understanding and experience of basic IT project management processes
- Writing technical and business documentation such as recommendation papers and business cases
Please apply online for consideration. Role will involve travel as required. Package includes car allowance and 25 days holiday plus your birthday.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age