Senior Devops Engineer
We are looking for a highly skilled and collaborative team player to join as a Senior DevOps Infrastructure Engineer; to assist with the delivery of our clients offerings and engineering of Enterprise Tooling technologies.
This will be a 6 month initial contract.
- Solid understanding of distributed multi-tier web architectures.
- Solid understanding of change control procedures and incident reporting methodologies.
- Solid understanding of deployment/orchestration/release management/Testing tools
- Building and managing systems in AWS or Azure (Other Cloud based hosting solutions)
- Automating infrastructure provisioning - IaaS
- Automating application delivery - PaaS
- Securing Applications
- Application Performance monitoring
Essential Technical Experience:
- UNIX/Red Hat Linux with strong scripting experience (Unix Shell/ Perl)
- Supporting Microsoft Windows server platforms with IIS 7.5 & 8.5 and .Net
- Apache Web Server technologies.
- Supporting Java EE platforms
- Web Application/Service monitoring
- Cloud hosting environments
- Orchestration and deployment tooling. I.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef/etc.
- Release management tooling. I.e. Go; Xebia Release Manager, UrbanCOde
- Comprehensive network skills with a through understanding of TCP/IP & Name resolution technologies
- Application-Layer or XML Firewall technologies
- Solid Development Skills in developing and consuming RESTful services.
- Apache Maven for development lifecycle management.
Please note only candidates with previous banking experience can be considered for this role. Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age