My client, a leading media company, is looking for a Product Manager to join their Internal Products team to help generate the next generation of...
Technical Skills required:
- Server-side Typically use Node.js, deploying to Heroku and use the full range of AWS products including Lambda. Knowledge of both the serverless stack and databases is also desirable.
- Tools: Use Github, CircleCI, Sentry and other best-in-class tools.
- Can develop creative solutions to diverse problems: This may include working with vague or shifting requirements, refining ideas and filling in the gaps when answers cannot be provided.
- Strong communicator: able to clearly explain technical issues to non-technical colleagues, including to senior managers in both editorial and technology departments.
- Flexible and pragmatic: able to balance technical needs and editorial goals
- Can work to inflexible deadlines and rapidly adapt projects to ensure they are shipped on time.
- Have good attention to detail and the drive to produce world-class journalism
- Enjoy learning: You'll relish the opportunity to learn and dabble with the things you don't yet know whether that be statistics, GIS software, Amazon Web Services or WebGL based 3D graphics.
- Enjoy collaborating with a team composed of people with a range of skill-sets and experience
- What it's like to work for my client:
Cutting edge technology stack, engineers choose the tools they need and are able to influence the development process. Believe in innovation, experimentation and continuous delivery. Ensure staff have the ability to achieve a good work life balance.
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
This role offers a competitive basic salary and attractive package including 25 days holiday, up to 16% pension contribution, life assurance, season ticket loans, private healthcare, etc.
Apply now by sending in your updated CV or ring Emma Haslam for more info - 0113 200 2259
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age