Business Intelligence DeveloperWe are currently recruiting for a BI Developer to working with one of our clients who are a leading global risk advisor, insurance...
Senior Infrastructure Analyst | Ipswich with Global travel including Africa |
The role of the Infrastructure Engineer is to utilise and assist in the enhancement of our client IT global infrastructure standards to deliver Infrastructure and Data/Application integration. The Engineer must develop a strong understanding of the internal insurance business and work with Application Architects/specialists and Technical Specialists to ensure standards and solutions fit with existing strategies, are appropriate for internal business goals and represent appropriate (strategic or tactical) approaches to delivering IT services.
- Work on major IT Integration projects, operational deliveries and infrastructure initiatives, proposing solutions and options that are in-line with the Group's standards/strategy and document the architectural implications, costs, risks and issues.
- Develop a detailed understanding of internal integration requirements, policies and business goals ensuring these are translated into solutions that meet the needs of the business, provide appropriate levels of control and are operationally aligned to deliver a maximum return on investment.
- Develop documentation/presentations such as infrastructure architectures, network topologies, roadmaps etc that can be used to communicate strategies and architectures to all levels of IT and business.
- Ensure that infrastructure solutions are aligned to the operational and strategic needs for each country and comply with appropriate Data Sovereignty and Protection Laws
- Develop business cases for projects and IT initiatives. Forecast IT infrastructure costs, developing detailed cost models containing views of capital expenditure, cash flow and impact on P&L.
- Work with IT Operational leaders to understand operational demands and constraints. Ensure architectural/security solutions and designs are compatible with existing support models and operational processes identifying any gaps.
- While being Infrastructure/Insurance focused, candidates must have a broad range of experience including many of the following:
- Experience of implementing and managing infrastructure operations in a large global environment.
- Experience in communicating infrastructure concepts and principles to a varied audience. Building consensus with IT Management, operations leaders, peers and across the Group IT community.
- Application architectures and application security techniques including authentication & authorisation models, secure coding practices and penetration testing principles.
- Worked as part of an Enterprise architecture function in a large multi-country distributed organisation.
- The design and implementation of Data Centres, large computer rooms or hosting facilities
- Development and/or review of enterprise infrastructure documents and deliverables
- Operations - Defining and establishing the operational processes required to run critical business applications
- IT infrastructure metrics and benchmarking
- Configuration and asset management
A broad range of strong technical knowledge is required allowing you to work alongside subject matter experts and system engineers:
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Services and Solutions
- Data Centre infrastructure (M&E) and environmental protection techniques/technologies
- CCIE. Networking -
- Application architectures
- Application/Infrastructure virtualization
- Knowledge in a diverse range of security concepts and technologies including Network and perimeter security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, log analysis (SIEM), Operating system security, Federated Identity Management, Cloud security.
- Experience within Software Development with a working knowledge or Testing and Release processes
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age