BI Developer / Reports Developer - SQL
We are currently seeking a BI Developer / Engineer for a leading organisation in the Chester area. The BI team are responsible for providing the data and reporting needs of business including managing, maintaining and developing multiple BI tools including Tableau (SSRS considered as an alternative), as well as delivering subject matter and data expertise to the business on demand.
The role offers the opportunity to work in the group data analytics environment, significantly contributing to the efficient and effective delivery of new projects and changes to the business. The role involves interaction with many teams across the company.
The BI Developer will have the following roles and responsibilities;
- Designing and plan BI solutions
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions
- Creating and deploying reports
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Install and administer the warehousing tool set.
- Install new equipment and software patches and upgrades.
- Administer user access and security
- Develop reports, dashboards, SQL queries, or metadata layers, using Tableau.
- Identify new sources of data, and more efficient usage of data.
- Develop and maintain Management Information, identify and document data handling improvements.
- Ability to identify problems and provide effective solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of reports performance optimization
- Translate Business data needs into creative visualizations in Tableau.
- Be able to write SQL to do initial data mining that can then be communicated or translated to peer ETL developers for database development.
- Identify improvements and drive them through to implementation.
- Look for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices for BI development.
- Provide a high standard of accuracy in collection and management of data.
- Have financial awareness and be able to assess the commercial viability of data analysis and research
The candidate will have experience in developing BI reports and dashboards, using multiple BI platforms. Experience with Tableau is preferable, however SSRS is also considered and experience using other platforms will be considered useful.
They will have excellent communication skills for technical resources within the team and non-technical resources outside the team. They will have excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
Please call or send your CV for further details. Fantastic benefits package offered including flexible working environment, free fruit and onsite meals, pension scheme and bonus.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age