An experienced Frontend Developer is required to join a FinTech (for good) start-up taking the world by storm and changing the way we send money overseas on a permanent basis.
The company enables money to be sent from smartphones to the mobile phones of family and friends, in over 140 countries to be paid out in cash, paid into a bank account or into a mobile money account. Only 5% of money transfers are currently done digitally at the moment so this is an exciting time for someone to become part of this growth!
Key Skills of the Frontend Developer:
- Experience of styling and responsive design techniques, mobile first website development using HTML5, LESS and SASS
- ReactJS / AngularJS / BackboneJS
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Building scalable web applications - high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance and scalability
- Automated JS testing - Karma,m Jasmine, Qunit, Mocha, Chai
- REST API's knowledge
- Continuous Integration and Delivery - Teamcity / OctopusDeploy / Jenkins
- Versioning systems - Git / SVN
- Cloud Platforms - Azure or AWS
- Keen advocate of TDD and Agile practices
- Knowledge and put into practice SOLID principles
Key Deliverables of the Frontend Developer:
- Develop new user-facing features used by millions of users
- Assess the impact of proposed changes to other process areas and systems and recommend alternative solution choices, determining trade-offs and impact analysis
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Maintaining high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age