Business AnalystI am currently recruiting a Business Analyst with specialist experience with workflows and business processes to work on a rolling 6 month contract in...
Business Applications Manager
A Business Applications Manager is required to join a team based in Leatherhead on a permanent basis with our client, one of the largest privately-owned construction, development and property services companies in the UK.
Skills required of the Business Applications Manager:
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with experience of managing apps teams & servicing large IT estates (1000+ users), maintaining, developing and supporting integrated ERP based applications environments and interfaced standalone applications based environments
- Background in managing development teams and a full understanding of the applications development life-cycle & both agile & waterfall based approaches
- Experience in delivering IT change programmes and projects working to structured project management methodologies
- Detailed understanding of business intelligence techniques, tools and data warehousing approaches to deliver key consolidated business reporting needs
- 3rd party vendor management experience including dealing with and actively managing cloud based SaaS suppliers, contract negotiations and vendor management, as well as managing relationships at all levels up to board level
- Thorough understanding of applications licensing and legal considerations
- Experience in developing multi-year strategic plans and road-maps
- A track record of planning and managing multi million pound budgets
- Experience of a hybrid IT estate including both on premise & cloud based apps
- Construction Industry experience preferable
- Strong IT Applications background necessary (COTS in particular)
- Experienced with managing applications deployed via various methods e.g. desktop, Citrix and Web incl SaaS
- Experienced with system interfaces both internally and externally such as XML, Web services, SFTP, Flat file and text files.
- SharePoint and Salesforce CRM experience desirable
- ITIL/COBIT qualifications desirable
- Software Development qualifications
Key responsibilities of the Business Applications Manager:
- Develop and maintain Core Construction and Group Function IT applications architecture, plans and technology roadmaps detailing how the IT applications strategy will be delivered
- To be responsible for managing the maintenance, development and support of IT Applications used across the core business and key Group Functions such as Finance, IT and HR.
- Manage contracts and operational relationships with a number of third party software providers ranging from full SaaS applications to lighter touch license only relationships, including review of upgrade options and the planning and management of any upgrades that are deemed appropriate by the Head of IT Applications
- Lead a team of 5 based in Leatherhead with occasional travel to other sites in the UK.
- Responsible for liaising closely with the Major Projects team where new or significantly changed applications are being delivered to ensure that operational acceptance criteria are met and that a Service Level Agreement is in place with the business owner clearly laying out the nature of support being provided.
- Oversee any Service Improvement Plans that might be required where issues with supported applications necessitate this.
The company values are integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through their business at every level and are at the heart of everything they do.
The well-being and safety of their people is their priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. They are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognised for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age