2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer London ContractOur client, are seeking a 2nd Line Desktop Engineer to join their team in London on a contract basis.2nd...
Desktop Support | London
Working as part of a wider globalised IT support environment, the Local Support team is primarily responsible for the in person resolution of second line IT incidents and problems.
Operational Local Support
- Effective prioritisation, ownership and resolution of logged incidents within agreed SLAs, working as a wider team to maintain effective incident queue management, awareness and correct use of key process and escalation points.
- Perform PC upgrades where required using defined internal processes.
- Perform imaging of workstations (both laptops and desktops) where required.
- Be a dedicated support point of contact for selected premium support customers.
- Ensure good working knowledge of internal workstation environment and associated products, including customer eligibility criteria, pricing and key escalation points.
- Provide where required IT support for special events including but not limited to new joiner and acquisition inductions and executive events.
- Provide appropriate IT support needs where requested for company acquisitions groups, working as part of a wider integration project team.
- Document processes where requested, ensuring they remain relevant and up to date.
- Work effectively with external suppliers who are used to deliver components of our service, such as data recovery and IT consumable provision.
- Update the asset management tool to accurately account for movement of IT hardware in accordance with asset management processes.
- Provide regular assistance where required to our enablement team for other asset management requirements in order to contribute to our overall asset management KPI's.
- Working knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems (7 & 10) environment.
- Working knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience of laptop/desktop environments.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office environment.
- Good working knowledge of general technical troubleshooting skills.
- Deployment and troubleshooting knowledge of Apple operating systems
- Working knowledge of hardware break/fix component replacement on laptops.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products to the following levels:
- Excel - Intermediate
- Word - Intermediate
- PowerPoint - Intermediate
- Microsoft Outlook - Intermediate
- Understanding and use of ITSM Remedy/Service Now, or equivalent incident management toolsets.
Professional Accreditation's Preferred:
- ITIL foundation level qualification
- MCITP Windows 10 qualified
- Apple Mac ACMT Certification
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age