Technical/Infrastructure Analyst Start Date ASAP Contract Length 6 monthsBased BracknellVM Decommissoning Investigate and identify what VM's are on the networkIdentify the Business owners for all...
Infrastructure Engineer - VMware
We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a highly respected organisation to work as part of a team to assure and deliver VMware technologies for a range of projects and BAU operations. The successful candidate will lead complex solution delivery for IT projects, working with in-house development teams and/or third parties to design, develop and implement infrastructure solutions. They lead their own group of technologies and support architects in delivering the strategic roadmap for their technology area.
Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
- 3rd line support, production and development environments
- BAU maintenance
- Application project support
- Design and build
- Develop and document standards, processes and procedures
- Understanding of server performance tuning and optimization
- Train, mentor and support team members
- Provide 24/7 production support and be part of the out of hours call out service
Experience of the following technologies with the aptitude to take on the development and support of new technologies and vendors: -
- Expert level knowledge of VMware ESXi & vCenter v5/6
- Excellent knowledge of VMware vROps and EPOps agent configuration
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 systems administration
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2016 systems administration
- Excellent knowledge of VBScript/Powershell for Windows & Power CLI
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of HPE Blades (BL460/660), Chassis (c7000)
- Knowledge of HPE Flex Fabric Switches (Virtual Connect)
- Knowledge of HPE Oneview
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS Blade Manager
- Knowledge of VCE Vblock converged systems
- Experience of using VMware Virtualisation Products
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Orchestrator
The ideal candidate should also have an understanding, and ideally experience of: -
- Cloud infrastructures and the concept of Software Defined Data Centre.
- HP Helion Converged System and Openstack
If you think you have the right skillset to match these requirements and you are keen for a new contract opportunity, then please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age