Technical/Infrastructure Analyst Start Date ASAP Contract Length 6 monthsBased BracknellVM Decommissoning Investigate and identify what VM's are on the networkIdentify the Business owners for all...
WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer, Berkshire - 6 Month Contract
My client is a Large Retail Company who are currently looking to recruit a WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer.
The key experience and knowledge of the WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer include:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS ND 6.1 to 8.5)
- Linux, preferably RHEL 6 or 7
- Understanding Cloud infrastructures and the concept of Software Defined Data Centre.
- Automation tools such as Ansible, Vagrant, Git, Nexus and Jenkins as part of Continuous Integration process for project deliverables
The key responsibilities for the WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer include:
- Installation and configuration of IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 6 - 9
- Assisting Automation Engineers with scripting WebSphere installation and configuration
- Recommend WebSphere high availability and clustering techniques
- Team leading and guiding existing middleware onshore resources
- Proactively support any issues related to middleware infrastructure and application
- deployments seeking to improve, resolve, and streamline tools and processes to meet delivery challenges
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards minimising costs (via automation) and shortening feedback cycles
- Some tasks will require a degree of weekend and evening work to support the infrastructure
This is a contract role for a WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer working for a top company on a global scale. To apply to the WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer Role please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age