Technical/Infrastructure Analyst Start Date ASAP Contract Length 6 monthsBased BracknellVM Decommissoning Investigate and identify what VM's are on the networkIdentify the Business owners for all...
Unix Infrastructure Engineer, Berkshire - 6 Month Contract
My client is a Large Retail Company who are currently looking to recruit a Unix Infrastructure Engineer.
The key experience and knowledge of the WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer include:
- IBM POWER7 and IBM POWER8
- PowerVM, HMC, NIM, VIO
- IBM AIX 6.1 and 7.1
- SUSE 9,10,11 and RedHat 6 & 7
- VMware Virtualisation Products
- Knowledge of supporting and installation of Linux on VMware environments
- Using and maintaining yum repositories
- SAN environments - Understanding (IBM, EMC and using mulitpath drivers)
- Scripting (e.g. bash, ksh)
The key responsibilities for the Unix Infrastructure Engineer include:
- 3rd line support, production and development environments
- BAU maintenance
- Application project support
- Design and build
- Develop and document standards, processes and procedures
- Understanding of server performance tuning and optimization
- Train, mentor and support team members
- Provide 24/7 production support and be part of the out of hours call out service
This is a contract role for a Unix Infrastructure Engineer working for a top company on a global scale. To apply to the Unix Infrastructure Engineer Role please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age