Technical/Infrastructure Analyst Start Date ASAP Contract Length 6 monthsBased BracknellVM Decommissoning Investigate and identify what VM's are on the networkIdentify the Business owners for all...
Internet Network Engineer -Berkshire/London location
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Internet Network Engineer on an initial 3 month contract basis split between London and Berkshire. The role will be responsible for the day to day operational management of switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, security servers, routers, and related network services and will work as part of the wider support network.
The provision of some 3rd line support for production systems and roll-out activities.
- Communicate with a number of 1st/2nd line support teams to manage calls and resolve within an allotted time.
- Carry out configuration to complete work requests relating to the set-up and administration of our switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, security servers and associated devices.
- Carry out testing and development of new network hardware, designs or configurations.
- Work within project teams to deliver infrastructure change.
- Work with our channel partners to support delivery of networking projects and the resolution of technical issues.
- The production of documentation will be required.
- This role will predominately be carried out during business hours (09:00-17:30), although some out of hours work may be required.
- Carry out infrastructure configuration and support of switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, security servers and associated devices.
Experience and Skills Required
The successful candidate for this position will have an excellent working knowledge of IP networks at layer 2 and layer 3, and network security in large enterprise networking environments. This will include:
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting and upgrading the technology detailed in the next section.
- Strong work experience on enterprise data centre environment including large network build, migrations and testing, preferably within an ITIL or similar framework.
- Experience of change management in enterprise and data centre environments.
- Experiencing evaluating the technology market and recommending networking vendors and solutions based upon project requirements.
- Cisco Nexus family switches
- Cisco ACE, GSS and Citrix Netscaler load balancing.
- Palo Alto firewalls.
- Checkpoint firewall R77.30 and R80.10
- IPSEC VPNs to 3rd parties.
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco Anyconnect VPN clients.
- Cisco ACS Authentication servers.
- Configuration of IP ACLs across the Cisco portfolio.
- CA Spectrum and HP SolarWinds
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age