Technical/Infrastructure Analyst Start Date ASAP Contract Length 6 monthsBased BracknellVM Decommissoning Investigate and identify what VM's are on the networkIdentify the Business owners for all...
Core Network Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Network Engineer on an initial 3 month contract basis between Berkshire and London as a dual location. The role will be responsible for the day to day operational management of our core data centre networks, WAN connectivity and associated network services (DHCP/ DNS/ NTP/ Multicast/ QoS etc.)
- The provision of some 3rd line support for production systems and roll-out activities.
- Communicate with a number of 1st/2nd line support teams to manage calls and resolve within an allotted time.
- Carry out configuration to complete work requests relating to the set-up and administration of our data centre networks, and associated network services, including some satellite office buildings.
- Carry out testing and development of new data centre and office network hardware, designs or configurations.
- This role will predominately be carried out during business hours (09:00-17:30), although some out of hours work may be required.
- Carry out infrastructure configuration and support of core routers, ethernet switches, campus LANs (including wireless), together with associated network services (DNS/ DHCP/ NTP/ Monitoring and support tools).
- Raise and/or implement changes or work requests using our change management platform and processes. Ensure changes and work requests are completed within the allotted time.
- Carry out other routine technical administration and 'run' tasks as required (eg firmware or software upgrades, system administration, business continuity testing etc).
- Assist in the development of new solutions to meet business needs.
Experience and Skills Required
The successful candidate for this position will have an excellent working knowledge of IP networks in large enterprise networking environments. This will include:
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise data-centre environments using Cisco Nexus and Catalyst platforms.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting in routing, switching, load balancing, DNS, DHCP, proxy serving and firewall administration.
Experience in the following technology and equipment areas is essential:
- Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000 and 2000 series switches
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 3000 series switches
- Cisco ACS 5
- Cisco ASR and ISR routers
- Cisco Wireless solutions; 4000/5500 series Wireless LAN Controllers and CAPWAP APs, mobility tunneling, guest services
- Cisco MDS SAN switching
- Configuration of IP ACLs across the Cisco portfolio.
- CA Spectrum.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age