My client a leading media company seeks a UX/UI Designer to work on an exciting new project relating to a subscription-based company information service. The...
Looking for developers who can work with staff across the organisation, help identify problems and find creative, modern ways to solve them. Tools need to be productive, usable, and accessible. You will also be encouraged to explore new technologies and approaches that best fit the problems.
- Writing Node.js/Go, microservice creation.
- Collaborating with product owners, UX/designers to contribute ideas to help us achieve our company-wide goals.
- Managing the lifecycle of a feature - from design to build to deployment.
- Contributing to the company-wide frameworks.
- Mentoring others, attending and giving internal workshops.
- Experience with Node.js (or similar)
- Knowledge of a variety of software design patterns, such as factory, observer, module, pubsub, closure, async, promises etc
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of Linux command line tools and version control concepts
My client works with lots of different technologies, if you worked with some of these (or similar things) in the past you'll be at home:
- Most things are written with Node.js, Go or Java (and little Python).
- Both SQL and/or No-SQL databases (neo4j, redshift, dynamodb)
- Try to keep things modern - e.g. ES6 and ES7 development.
- Everything is SOA and/or microservices architecture.
- Version control and front-end build tools (Sass, Webpack etc.)
- Encourage an understanding of design and UX principles.
- Use technologies to decentralise our estate e.g. SQS, Kinesis, RabbitMQ
- Most of the applications live on Heroku & AWS.
Benefits include: A competitive salary and incentive scheme, learning and development opportunities, 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years, fantastic contribution pension and life assurance etc.
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
Please send your CV today!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age