My client, a leading media company, is looking for a Product Manager to work closely with design, UX, commercial team and developers. The Product Manager...
My client a leading media company seeks a Head of Design to manage a Product Design team responsible for designing digital products - from responsive websites to mobile applications. To lead a team of visual designers to work in a fast, iterative and agile product environment. Reporting to the Director of Product, working closely with the Head of UX, be responsible for creating engaging and elegant design systems that reflect the brand. A track record of leading & delivering user centred solutions in an agile environment that put the content at the heart of the experience.
The Head of UI / Head of Design / Head of Visual Design will require:
- A passion for designing products used by millions of users. Get a thrill peeking over someone's shoulder on the train and seeing the product on their phone.
- Be excited by global business news and working with excellent content, smart product owners, designers, editors and salespeople.
- Experience focusing teams on the reader/customer, and incorporating quantitative and qualitative feedback to drive design decisions. The skills to balance customer needs with business goals and the brand vision.
- The ability to provide an example of good design management and inspire others to improve their craft.
- Digital design and brand articulation, with hands on experience of working in cross functional agile product teams.
- Managerial skills across a dispersed & empowered team of designers.
- Subscription products
- Ideally some media industry knowledge
- Own the design vision for digital products. Work with product owners and the senior team to make certain that the vision aligns with the broader product strategy.
- Define, manage and support creative direction and the brand vision for all digital products.
- Continue the successful integration of design into an Agile environment. Knowing when to push for "pixel perfect" and when to opt to "learn by shipping".
- Mentor, develop, coach and inspire a team of talented designers.
- Actively represent design within the product organisation and the company. Broadcast their successes, help others avoid their failures. Promote integrated, lean design processes.
- Be as comfortable working with developers as ux-ers.
- Collaborate closely with design teams in editorial and corporate communications to ensure consistent creative output and improved design of the brand.
Benefits include: A competitive salary and incentive scheme, learning and development opportunities, 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years, fantastic contribution pension and life assurance etc.
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age