Environment Analyst Fixed Term Contract Telford An Environment Analyst is required to join my clients a global reinsurer and leading consolidator of Closed-Life services on...
Linux Administrator - Permanent - Telford
A Linux Administrator is required to join my client - a global reinsurer and leading consolidator of Closed-Life services, on a permanent basis in Telford.
The Linux Administrator will be responsible for supporting the Linux platforms, providing stability, performance and a scalable architecture. The focus for the role will be acting as a lead SME for the team and ensuring BAU, engineering functions and project delivery are conducted in line with the department strategy.
Key Skills required of the Linux Administrator:
- RedHat Linux and Linux Automation
- HP-UX (Legacy systems)
- Experience working with Backup and replication technologies
- Experience working with Storage Technologies
- Shell scripting
Key Responsibilities of the Linux Administrator:
- Ensure all Linux platforms are supported to a high standard and incidents, requests and problems are resolved within a timely manner, within agreed SLA's.
- Provide best practice support and maintenance for Linux based platforms and supporting infrastructure including the delivery the following:
- Escalated on-call 24*7*365 support
- Operational, initiative and project based activities
- Capacity and availability management
- System level performance management
- Obsolescence management
- Patch, vulnerability and anti-virus management
- Support technical design and implementation activities
- Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability
- Operating system hardening
The company values Agility, Team Spirit, Passion to Perform, Integrity and Customer Centricity, and they are at the heart of their company, and provide the foundations for the way they conduct their business.
Being open, honest and transparent in everything they do, they have created an inclusive culture that encourages diversity of thought and opinion, talents and backgrounds. They are passionate and determined to excel in a sustainable and just way, with a strong record of promoting from within providing excellent opportunity for their employees.
If this opportunity would be of interest to you, please submit your application at your earliest convenience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age