Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Scrum Master to join their Jersey based team for 6 months initial contract.
The successful candidate will have previous banking experience as well as the following skills:
- Accountable for ensuring the team understand Agile practices, the Scrum framework (single and multi team) and values, and that the team uses this framework to deliver working software to satisfy customers and react to their needs quickly.
- Provides transparent reporting to the Programme Manager through use of story points, team velocity , estimating etc
- Transforms the team to become self organising to reduce management overhead costs, using techniques such as Systems & Lean thinking.
- Guides the team on self organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks, to deliver more value for less money for the organisation.
- Assesses the Scrum Maturity of the team and takes action to improve this.
- Coaches the team to higher levels of Agile maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team, to deliver more value for less money for the organisation.
- Removes or guides the team to remove impediments to reduce time to market.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution to help the teams become high-performing .
- Helps the team to define their ways of working and the definition of any processes that provide structure for them. For example the creation of workflows in tools used such as Jira, the development of team guidelines, etc.
- Provides all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Ensures the team works at a sustainable pace removing peaks and troughs, to allow the team to consistently deliver regularly.
If interested please submit your cv
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age