Senior Back-End Software Engineer / Developer Our client is looking for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to help with the transformation of their platform and...
Senior Pega Developer - Basingstoke - Permanent
Our client, a leading British Corporation based in Basingstoke are seeking a Senior Pega Developer to join the existing team on a permanent basis.
Salary - COMPETETIVE
Senior Pega Developer Role:
The Senior Pega Developer role is responsible for the development and maintenance of IT solutions in their given area. The individual will specialise in Pega (Certified Senior System Architect), adopting the businesses chosen delivery methodology to drive the delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost effective manner.
Senior Pega Developer Position:
- Working closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand the business requirements and to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solutions.
- Delivering functionality that fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by execution of agreed test cases) within committed timescales and budget. This will include definition, maintenance and execution of unit test cases.
- Providing Application Support, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues.
- Ensuring the delivered solutions comply with the organization's architectural standards and seek formal exceptions where appropriate.
- Being a technical leader in Pega.
- This should include identifying repeating issues and mitigation strategies.
- Creating technical documentation, in line with agreed SDLC and documentation standards.
- Identifying and reporting on Key Performance Indicators for Waterfall and Agile teams.
- Identifying areas for improvement within your team's delivery and, where appropriate, lead the trial and rollout of new software delivery processes and techniques.
- Responsibilities may include participating in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- Appling knowledge and experience with technology and application development methodologies to perform basic systems analysis techniques, testing, debugging, file design, storage, etc.
Senior Pega Developer Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
- Experience of developing and deploying IT solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile).
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
- Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
- Substantial experience in design and implementation of Pega PRPC based solutions (preferably in version 7.x).
- Experience of Java/ SQL
- Experience of the Pega Insurance framework including product builder and Pega Underwriting beneficial.
- Experience of Pega Marketing and Decisioning also beneficial.
Senior Pega Developer Education and Qualifications:
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Pega Certified Senior Systems Architect
- Other related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
If you have the necessary skills for the position of Senior Pega Developer please submit your CV asap as this role is of an urgent nature.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age