Senior Network Project ManagerOur client who are one of the UK leading telecommunications companies are looking for a Senior Network Project Manager to join their...
Our client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for a Resource Manager to join their team on an initial 3 month contract based from any one of their company sites in the UK.
The Resource Manager will manage all aspects of resourcing and utilisation as part of the PMO team within a function of 270 operational colleagues. The successful applicant will require to work closely with heads of department, colleagues within the PMO and Project & Programme Management teams, to ensure sufficient resources are allocated to meet current and future demand.
The key duties will include:
- Working with colleagues to form a clear understanding of specific role requirements in order to assign resources appropriately from our existing pool, contractors and 3rd parties
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, while maintaining accurate resourcing data
- Point of contact for resourcing and taking ownership of issue resolution
- Proactively liaise with Project and Programme teams to understand their requirements, to facilitate effective resourcing decisions
- Managing all work packages across the Practice to forecast and meet future demand
- Applying commercial considerations to resource allocation as required, encouraging appropriate staffing leverage, and alternate delivery options to support the demand
- Managing and maintaining Utilisation
- Sharing knowledge and best practice across the department and wider business.
- Manage and maintain accurate data using the appropriate resourcing tools
- Comfortable in operating in a constantly fluid and fast moving resource environment. Demonstrate a confident, collaborative and focused approach to work and an ability to work with often changing targets. You should be comfortable dealing with a range of personalities able to listen and negotiate and build strong relationships
- Proven Ability of managing relationships and influencing senior stakeholders
- Commercial experience for understanding cost models for project delivery
- Experience of working on large scale deployment projects and familiar with project lifecycle and methodology
- A recognised qualification or certification in PMO / Assurance beneficial
- PRINCE2 certification beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering complex projects and programmes
- Direct experience of developing and driving project/programme methodologies and strong governance
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels internally and externally
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Demonstrable strong operational process and governance capability
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to drive an effective team
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills.
If this role sounds of interest to you and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age