Senior IT Systems AnalystEdinburgh ContractOur client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Senior IT Systems Analyst to join their Edinburgh based team...
Infrastructure Engineer - Edinburgh - 6 Month Contract
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their Edinburgh based team on a 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will have previous banking experience as well as the following skills/knowledge:
- Solid Understanding of: Java application containers - JBoss, Apache, Microsoft IIS Web Server, Web Security, multi-tier web architectures
- Experience working with Application Development and business teams
- Understanding of change control procedures and incident reporting methodologies
- Building and managing systems in Cloud based hosting solutions
- Automating infrastructure provisioning - IaaS
- Automating application delivery - PaaS
- Application Performance Monitoring
Essential Technical Experience:
- UNIX/Red Hat Linux with strong scripting experience (Unix Shell/ Perl)
- Supporting Microsoft Windows server platforms with IIS 7.5 & 8.5 and .Net
- Supporting web application on Windows Desktops
- Apache Web Server Technologies
- Supporting Java EE platforms (JBOSS)
- Web Application/Service Monitoring
- Cloud hosting environments
- Comprehensive network skills with a thorough understanding of TCP/IP & Name resolution technologies
- Application-Layer or XML Firewall technologies
- XML, XSLT and SOAP technologies - Layer 7, IBM Datapower, API Gateways
- Web Application Firewall technologies - F5 ASM, Imperva SecureSphere;
- Solid Development Skills in Java EE - EJB 3.X, JPA and Hibernate.
- Solid Development Skills in developing and consuming RESTful services.
- Apache Maven for development lifecycle management.
Should this Infrastructure Engineer position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age