Lorien are recruiting on behalf of a global blue chip company who require a VB.Net Engineer for a contract role in Sunderland.This will be to...
Midrange Technical Governance required for the successful management and operation of all services provided on the central midrange platform. Working closely with the operational and technical teams of the service provider, to ensure process and contract governance for all midrange assets and services. Also to provide contract management for hardware and software contracts for the midrange platform, Asset management for hardware and software assets and Data Centre Management for the facilities provided in the Data Centre.
- Technical knowledge of midrange server technologies
- Strong customer services skills
- Analytical and problem solving
- Drive Change
- ITIL Foundation certification/knowledge
- Experience of contract management with outsourced service provider
- Contract Management of the midrange server platform
- System Monitoring - Ensuring monitoring processes are implemented and maintained for key services and managed properly by service provider.
- Hardware Asset Management - Managing processes to add/delete hardware assets, ensure CMDB assets are accurately maintained, managing hardware lifecycle.
- Data Centre Management
- Provide support for the Incident Management and Problem Management functions.
- Maintenance Contract Management
- Software Licensing - managing s/w inventory, entitlements, maintaining tools such as IBM Passport Advantage and ILMT, and liaising with Software Asset Management team to support compliance for the midrange platform.
- Software Asset Management - Ensuring software license compliance is maintained, management of software patching, software upgrades, software lifecycle, software asset management with ILMT, and assisting with software audits
To find out more please send in your CV today!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age