Business AnalystOur Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Business Analyst to join their Edinburgh based team for 6 months initial...
Senior Agile BA/Coach
A well renowned Top Tier Bank is seeking a Senior Agile BA/Coach to join a team to join their Edinburgh team on a exciting change programme. This role is responsible for training and coaching teams how to "Value Slice" or decompose Business and Customer desired outcomes into Value Slices (Epics, Capabilities, Features and stories).
The candidates' responsibilities include:
- Ability to teach, encourage and grow Product Owners, key business stakeholders and team members how to "Value Slice" or decompose Business and Customer desired outcomes into Value Slices (Epics, Capabilities, Features and stories)
- Coach and Mentor teams to higher levels of Agile maturity using continuous improvement to deliver enhanced customer value
- Support local Scrum Masters to build internal coaching capabilities
- Advise teams on the Agile framework/techniques and theory (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, MVP, LEAN manufacturing, Flow and queuing theory, batch size optimisation, WIP, Value Streams, Agile Portfolio Kanban, Rolling wave planning, Incremental Delivery, Systems thinking)
- Support and facilitate the formation of cross functional teams
- Collaborate with other coaches regarding ongoing training plans to reinforce agile principles
- Deliver training on topics required
- Facilitate problem-solving sessions with product, team and stakeholders
- Actively contributes to the Agile Community of Practice (CoP)
- Act as an Agile champion while maintaining a level of pragmatism
The candidate suitability is determined by the following skills set and experience that are detailed bellow:
- Experience Practitioner, Trainer and Coach working with Product Owners, stakeholders and teams in scaled environments
- Skills and experience in Design Slicing, story splitting, etc.
- Deep understanding of a number of Agile frameworks (beyond Scrum) and techniques
- Understanding of operating in a scaled environment
- Demonstrate experience of building a culture of continuous improvement for a number of teams
- Knowledge of modern development practices & tools, the benefits and pitfalls, e.g. - XP, TDD, etc.
- Experience of changing organisational / team / department mind-sets, culture and structure
- A very capable trainer with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly through engaging training
- Knowledge of empirical process control and system thinking is beneficial
- Specific scaling framework experience is highly desired (SAFe or LeSS)
If you are currently looking for your next contracting opportunity within this domain, and are able to offer the above knowledge and skill set. Please apply as soon as possible with an updated CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age