Incentives Analyst PERM OldburyWe are currently looking for an Incentives Analyst to join one of our client's in a permanent capacity. As the Incentives Analyst,...
Insight Analyst - Multiple Levels - Oldbury | Competitive Salary | Benefits | Permanent
As the Insight Analyst, you will use advanced mathematical and analytical methods to help the business solve problems and make better decisions. You will work within the insight team, to provide a comprehensive management information, analytics and business modelling service to contribute to the cost effectiveness of the business.
Within this role, you will be responsible for producing applied analytics, evaluation of trials, business modelling and small system developments. You will develop sophisticated mathematical models and interpret results to assist with decision making by senior management.
What will you be doing?
- Devising and developing sophisticated decision support systems to aid strategic and tactical decision making by senior and operational management.
- Designing and running presentations and training courses regarding new computer models, ensuring all management and staff are conversant with all aspects of the systems installed and provide on-going support to system users.
- Developing simulation and general business models to assist with the identification of inefficiencies and producing recommendations for improvement of business performance.
- Providing a comprehensive analytical service to all levels of management identifying trends and highlighting problem areas.
- Recommending solutions to improve business performance for agreement by senior and operational management and take responsibility for implementation of agreed solutions.
- Reviewing the reporting of all management information and statistical analysis produced to ensure that it meets customer requirements and recommending changes where these are necessary to meet changing needs and ensure optimum value to the recipient.
- Keeping abreast of changes to working practices and operational research techniques to ensure the highest standards are maintained in the support of management decision making.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as requested by line management ensuring objectives and time scales are fully met.
What do you need?
- Knowledge of applied operational research methodologies.
- Statistical computing e.g. R, SAS
- Databases, SQL
- Good understanding of computer modelling techniques (machine learning, statistical modelling, experiment design, optimisation).
- Good knowledge of computer programming skills (C, Java, VB, Python)
- Decision making, creative and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative to stipulated time scales
- Good communication skills and able to engage with management.
- Good business knowledge.
- Good presentation skills
Multiple positions are available so please apply regardless of seniority.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age