Business AnalystWe are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst on a 3-6 month initial contract based in Ipswich. The role will form part of an...
Business Analyst - Contract - Ipswich - Reference Data - Data Project Experience - Business Focus
My client, a Global Insurance company are looking for a Business Analyst, preferably with some systems/data analysis experience or background to join their large Data Programme.
- Proven experience in Business, Process and Systems Analysis experience
- Proficient in production of business and technical diagrams such as BPMN 2.0, use case, data flow and sequence diagrams
- Able to plan and understand impact of changing demands on plans & resources
- Curiosity and an enthusiasm for acquiring knowledge and learning new skills
- Able to challenge and prioritise user requirements
- Competent user of business systems and IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Office products, Visio, SPARX Enterprise Architecture, SQL)
- Experience of general ledger and/or financial reporting implementations would be useful background
- Reference data domain project knowledge/experience and Transactional data warehousing within the insurance industry
- Experience of the full IT project lifecycle from requirements capture through to hand-over to operational support, utilising an Agile framework
- Experience engaging and influencing business and technology stakeholders at all levels, both on-shore and off-shore
- Understanding how data from multiple sources can be used to drive effective analytics solutions
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modelling experience.
- Maintenance of Data Dictionaries
- System Interface specification.
- Experience of Data Mapping from Source systems to target model.
- Involvement in projects where there has been a significant integration component
- Experience of understanding complex business processes, documenting them and proposing change
- Understanding of regulatory environments (FCA) or experience of working in a financial services organisation, preferably with exposure to the insurance industry/insurance broking
- Experience of waterfall and agile delivery methods and understanding appropriate applications of each
- Experience of User Experience (UX), either individually lead or working with UX Consultants
- Development of investment appraisals with a clear link between the change being proposed and the associated benefits (quantitative and qualitative)
- Understanding of considerations when delivering solutions across device types (desktop, tablet, phone)
- ISEB/BCS diploma in Business Analysis
- BSc/BA degree qualified
If you are interested in the position, please apply.
Business Data Analyst - Contract - Ipswich
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age