Business Analyst Contract Ipswich Reference Data Data Project Experience Business Focus My client, a Global Insurance company are looking for a Business Analyst, preferably with...
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst on a 3-6 month initial contract based in Ipswich. The role will form part of an Analytics Solutions and Reporting team. This team brings best-in-class analytics, thought-leadership and expertise in designing, building and supporting industry standard risk analysis tools. The team is also responsible for the delivery of three of the major group-wide strategic change programmes, involving significant data, analytics, and externally facing technology components.
- Work with all business areas to elicit, define, prioritise and document business requirements, including challenging existing processes where appropriate
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering and solution workshops with stakeholders, suppliers and functional/technical subject matter experts
- Complete detailed analyses on:
- Systems impacts of new/changed functional processes to provide a detailed definition of gap fit requirements including any requirements for integration between systems
- Data flows and business/accounting requirements to clearly define: data content, formatting, mapping, cleansing, enhancement, validation, exceptions handling, access, retention and storage requirements
- Liaise with technical specialists and other business analysts from 3rd parties to define/design appropriate end-to-end solutions, ensuring these meet both defined business requirements and Group Technology principles/roadmaps
- Work with technical SMEs to ensure any non-functional technical requirements are defined, agreed and documented
- Support the QA process on projects by contributing to QA/testing strategies/plans, reviewing testing documentation, reporting progress of testing, contributing to production of test cases and answering general queries from QA analysts
- Provide general guidance to project team members during design, build and test and implementation phases of the project
- Maintain the project Data Dictionary
- Produce and maintain analysis documentation in support to document sequence diagrams
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholder to report on progress against agreed deliverables and to highlight/escalate any issues or barriers to delivery
- Active contribution to project estimating, planning, business case development, risk/issue management and progress reporting
- Support business change activities where required, including training and preparation of user documentation
Desired Skills/Experience Specific to Role
- Competent user of business systems and IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Office products, Visio, SPARX Enterprise Architecture, SQL)
- Experience of the full IT project lifecycle from requirements capture through to hand-over to operational support, utilising an Agile framework
- Experience engaging and influencing business and technology stakeholders at all levels, both on-shore and off-shore
- Understanding how data from multiple sources can be used to drive effective analytics solutions
- System Interface specification.
- Experience of Data Mapping from Source systems to target model.
- Involvement in projects where there has been a significant integration component
- Experience of understanding complex business processes, documenting them and proposing change
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering to time and quality requirements
- Experience of User Experience (UX), either individually lead or working with UX Consultants
- Development of investment appraisals with a clear link between the change being proposed and the associated benefits (quantitative and qualitative)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age