Project Manager with Application Infrastructure skills Technology Integration Senior PM required to run various post acquisition technology integration projects with a focus on software development...
Project Manager - Software Development
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to for a 3-6 month initial contract based in Ipswich. The role will form part of the Software Delivery team responsible for building applications and undertaking major change on applications. The role will require someone who has experience with the software delivery life cycle who has worked closely with software vendors and suppliers to build software.
- Evaluate project methodology and resourcing options to deliver the required solution
- Build and lead a cohesive solution delivery project teams through the full IT project lifecycle
- Shape and define projects to provide the project team with clear prioritisation, roles and responsibilities within a project framework.
- Work with all business areas to prioritise business requirements, including challenging existing processes where appropriate
- Oversee requirements gathering and solution workshops with stakeholders, suppliers and functional/technical subject matter experts
- Liaise with technical specialists and other business analysts from 3rd parties to define/design appropriate end-to-end solutions, ensuring these meet both defined business requirements and Group Technology principles/roadmaps
- Support the QA process on projects by contributing to QA/testing strategies/plans and answering general queries from QA analysts
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholder to report on progress against agreed deliverables and to highlight/escalate any issues or barriers to delivery
- Lead project estimating, planning, business case development, risk/issue management and progress reporting
- Fully assess the impact of any project change, communicate and co-ordinate appropriately.
- Support business change activities where required, including training and preparation of user documentation
- Ensure the project delivery complies with the Groups PMO Governance process including quality gates and release management
- Proven experience of managing full IT software development lifecycle from idea through to hand-over to operational support, utilising an Agile framework
- Worked with PMO to deliver Agile projects whilst complying with corporate governance gate/check point procedures
- Experience of communicating directly with senior business stakeholders and managing project teams with daily product owner involvement, whether internal or 3rd party.
- Ability to work without close supervision, define direction and comply with overall Group strategy and objectives
- Customer oriented, with excellent business acumen and client facing skills
- Able to plan and understand impact of changing demands on plans & resources
- Self-assured, dynamic, open to ideas, and able to influence others.
- In-depth understanding of the software development process and overall project lifecycle
- Ability to understand the full end to end business process to identify the areas the proposed solution may impact
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age