Lorien are currently recruiting for a client in central London as a Senior Full Stack Developer to work on a next generation website. You will...
My client a leading media company seeks a Senior Designer to join a design team responsible for designing all digital products covering business news and information - from award winning responsive websites to mobile applications. Reporting to the Head of Design, the individual will be responsible for shaping and directing the development of engaging and elegant user centred design across the client's digital products on desktop and mobile. The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering bold and scalable design solutions in an agile environment that put content at the heart of the experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The role will involve working across all areas of the client's digital products, with an initial focus on the brand new responsive website.
- Actively working with the head of design to direct, guide and develop the design team
- Work as part of a cross discipline, agile team
- Balance customer needs with business goals and the brand vision
- Understand and contribute to the overall brand including specialist titles and other associated brands
- Run or contribute to workshops, design studios and regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Produce high quality visual design output for digital products in High fidelity when required
- Contribute to styleguide development
- Work with the research team, user experience designers and actively get involved with usability studies, testing and competitive reviews
- Write/create relevant documentation if necessary, which may include styleguide or specification documents
- Continually optimise the design of existing products, raising bugs and responding to issues raised in the development and testing processes.
- Be on top of the industry standard and innovations in UX and design and help infuse them back into the organisation.
- Extensive commercial experience in digital design role, preferably in a news based environment
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Experience as a design lead, co-ordinating design work and consistency across a group of designers
- Working knowledge of contemporary web standards, e.g. HTML5/CSS3/SVG etc.
- Excellent organisational and presentational skills
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software such as Sketch/Photoshop etc.
- Relevant degree
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience within a fastpaced media environment
- Experience of working on subscription products
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
To find out more please apply today!
Benefits include: A competitive salary and incentive scheme, learning and development opportunities, 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years, fantastic contribution pension and life assurance etc.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age