A global blue chip have a new role available for someone who is looking to gain further experience in a Web Development role.Working in a...
Head of Programming
A Head of Programming is required to join a industry leading provider of digital solutions, providing online registration tools, rich editorial content, and marketing solutions based in Chester.
Skills required of the Head of Programming:
- Previous Python / Django experience
- Broad knowledge of the fundamentals of PHP and SEO experience would be advantageous
- Broad knowledge of development and management best practice in Agile, SCRUM , Lean or Kanban etc.
- Strong management, organisational and leadership skills.
- Strong coaching and previous experience of client relationship management.
- A highly technical individual with a clear understanding of end-to-end architecture definition, programming techniques, delivery and ownership in the online arena.
- Deep knowledge of information architecture, content management, web development and online content delivery.
- Experience in Change and incident Management, problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into a comprehensive systems, information and data architecture and to make that architecture a reality.
- High level of attention to detail to ensure the delivery of high quality products and services for clients to deadline and to budget.
- An understanding of project and system development lifecycles.
- Ability and proven experience of negotiating with external partners/suppliers, as well as staff/internally.
- Ability to work alone without supervision or as part of a team.
- Good presentation skills, including written and verbal, as well as ability to prepare and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Programming:
- To manage a software product portfolio and provide leadership and direction to the team whilst managing, in partnerships with other Senior Managers
- Develop and maintain the modular programming approach to extend and improve systems and content architecture
- Provide advice and tactical road-maps for the strategic development and improvement of the Programming environments. Including reviewing and advising on cost reduction, strategic and technology improvements to enable system improvements for performance, costs, resiliency reasons etc.
- Managing external partners to ensure that all production and development systems are efficiently architected and maintained; ensuring the latest technology upgrades, software currency and resiliency is maintained.
- Work with all departments to maintain and improve end-to-end internal systems and processes to support business and provide clients with the best online user experiences.
- Review the coding quality and standards used internally and by any partners or freelancers to ensure they adhere to best practice and industry standards.
HEAD OF PROGRAMMING - CHESTER, CHESHIRE - PERM
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age