.Net DeveloperOur client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for a .Net Developer to join their team in Newbury on...
Lead Application Developer
Our client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for an Lead Application Developer with experience of managing teams to join their team based in Newbury on a 3 month rolling contract.
This role will be managing a team of Application Developers so will require proven experience of managing teams.
As the application development manager you'll lead our mobile apps engineering group, encompassing UX, Architecture, Development, Testing & Deployment, with the autonomy to drive agile, lean & devops principles across your deliveries in your own way.
You'll be responsible for:
- Building and leading a capable and empowered team of engineers across multiple disciplines with a shared, clear vision and a passionate drive to succeed.
- Overseeing the technical design, structure and direction of the products that you own.
- Embedding development Operating Models, valuing ownership, responsiveness, predictability and transparency.
- Ensuring we're making best use of current mobile platform capabilities and that we're prepared for what's coming next.
- Managing the finances of your deliveries, including internal Capex/Opex and the management of supplier commercials.
- Ensuring users are at the heart of your process and deliveries, involving them along the way for rapid iteration & learning.
- Mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices, embedding DevOps behaviours and principles driving a model of continuous delivery.
- Establishing a lean delivery management governance model, and heartbeat of reviews and reporting to the Digital IT leadership.
- Certified Scrum Master and SAFe Agilist capable of running multiple concurrent onshore or offshore multi-disciplined scrum teams.
- A background in Software Architecture with Java JEE design and development Management experience in leading teams of 20+ people
- Full lifecycle experience from Bid and Proposal through to Production Support
- BDD Practitioner through the use of User Stories, Backlog Refinement and Gherkin scripts TDD focussed using Automated Testing and Continuous Integration
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills - including Show and Tell and Retrospectives
- Architecture, Analysis and Design, UML, Design Patterns
- JEE, SOAP, REST, EJB, JPA, Hibernate, JSF, JSP, Facelets
- JIRA Agile, Kanban, Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven
- JUnit, Clover, Crucible/Fisheye, Subversion, Git, BitBucket
- Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium, JMock, Mockito, Sonar
- Oracle, PL/SQL, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server
- Tomcat, TomEE, JBoss, WebLogic, Glassfish
- Google Cloud, Compute Engine, App Engine, Datastore, Cloud SQL
- Oracle SOA Suite, Redhat SOA Suite
- MS Project, Visio, Confluence, HP Quality Center, Enterprise Architect
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age