My client, a leading blue chip company, based in London near the London Bridge Tube Station is looking for a DevOps Engineer.The Responsibilities for this...
My client, a leading blue chip company, based in London near the London Bridge Tube Station is looking for Permanent a DevOps Engineer to join their Enterprise Services (ES) Team.
This role includes:
- Architecting & executing the delivery of scalable, secure, and highly available services and products for our internal customers.
- Ensuring changes and new products are being delivered with customers in mind and not just focused on feature delivery
- Collaboration with our customers to understand their experience of the services we provide and use that to improve and shape new products and services
- Ensuring operational requirements are considered and met for our products
- Active involvement in all stages of planning of initiatives
- Preparing and presenting product demos at the fortnightly program showcases.
- Designing and implementing low maintenance, fully monitored, scalable solutions
- Managing the lifecycle of a feature - from design to build to deployment.
Skills and Experience of Interest
- Some development experience in Python or Node JS or Java with the desire to learn new languages
- Understanding of Cloud Computing e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc.
- Familiarity with a range of AWS technologies e.g. Cloudformation, Lambda and EC2
- Ability to work with APIs
- Working experience of Linux
- Version control systems e.g. Git
- Defining and implementing testing processes and procedures
- Understand strategies such as:
- Behavioural Driven Development and Test Driven Development
- Systems testing (service integration, infrastructure)
- Manual testing
- Platform testing
- Application monitoring
- DevOps practices
- Good understanding of infrastructure testing
- Understanding of agile development and its core principles
This role offers a competitive basic salary and attractive package including 25 days holiday, up to 16% pension contribution, life assurance, season ticket loans, private healthcare, etc.
My client is a great place to work - cutting edge technology stack, believes in innovation, experimentation and continuous delivery. The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
Apply now by sending in your updated CV or ring Emma Haslam for more info - 0113 200 2259
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age