.Net DeveloperOur client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for a .Net Developer to join their team in Newbury on...
Our client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunication companies are looking for a Transmission Planner to join their team based in Newbury on an 3 month rolling contract.
- The engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and optimising a cost-efficient high-performance Microwave based transmission network to support 2G, 3G and 4G technologies.
- The engineer participates in the technical approval of new and re-engineered Sites.
- The engineer's tasks also include occasional site surveys and line-of-sight survey analysis using horizon to horizon and LIDAR produced reports.
- Microwave radio network design with point-to-point and possibly point-to-multipoint
- Link design, interference and frequency planning and production of licence applications and link orders
- Allocation of transmission capacity to 2G, 3G and 4G circuits including Abis, Ater and Iub
- Production and maintenance of good documentation for planner's own area of responsibility
- SDH/ATM parameter planning for legacy network
- Transmission support of other projects including special sites, Hotspots, Special Coverage Events and Site Churns. This is not an exhaustive list, roll out is a dynamic environment
- Occasional attendance at technical site surveys to provide the design input on behalf of the transmission team
- Technical approval of site drawings, site engineering packs and link acceptance folders
- Contributing to and adopting agreed design principles and technical guidelines
- Optimisation of Transmission Network to meet targets of quality, capacity and cost efficiency
Knowledge and Experience:
- Microwave planning or design experience with a major vendor or operator.
- Excellent analytical Good understanding of Microwave and Fibre internetworking.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication standards (SDH: Synchronous Digital Hierarchy, PDH: Plesiochronous Digital Hierarchy, ATM: Asynchronous Transport Mode) with a basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and internetworking
- Experience of geographical information systems (GIS) and other computer-aided-design tools and problem solving skills
- MS Office (EXCEL Mandatory experience)
- Telecommunication and GSM/UMTS network knowledge
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age