Are you a passionate Network Engineer? Experienced with Cisco Technology? As an IT support professional you will respond to incidents escalated by the service desk...
Network Engineer / Network Operations Engineer / CCNA preferred / 24/7 shift
We are currently seeking a Network Operations Engineer for a leading IT and Communications organisation based in Reading, working on a 24/7 shift basis.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, the Network Operations Engineer will be responsible to provide a best in class service for the response and resolution for incidents. The Engineer will focus on Network support, providing a proactive response to alerts generated by the OSS platforms, as well as responding to tickets passed through the ITSM ticketing system. They will assist in providing technical and service leadership to maximize the performance of the Technical Operations team, assisting in improvement initiatives including system, process and technology changes.
The Network Operations Engineer will have the following experience and knowledge:
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching level of accreditation or equivalent proven track record of experience.
- Extensive data communications understanding and experience in operational environment
- Experienced in applying basic and detailed change requests to live Customer solutions.
- Experience of shift work.
- Previous experience working with Cisco hardware and software troubleshooting with switching, routing, firewall platforms.
- Ability to implement and troubleshooting IP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, G703 & X21, DSL, IPSec, PPP/L2TP, STP and WAN technologies including Ethernet, xDSL, Leased Lines and LES.
- Experience in operating Network Management Systems and SNMP based monitoring systems.
- Previous experience working in a networking role with hands on experience.
- Experience with ITIL processes for Incident, Problem, and Change management.
- Good understanding of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing
The candidate will be happy to work as part of a team within a 24/7 shift pattern and be able to maintain high standards of work and professionalism. They will have a logical approach to diagnostics, investigation and problem solving, with a passion for technology and desire to deliver high quality service.
Please call or send your CV for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age