Head of Data Development Permanent Basingstoke + travel to London We are currently recruiting for a Head of Data Development to join one of our...
Head of Data Development - Permanent - Basingstoke + travel to London
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Data Development to join one of our clients in a permanent capacity. The role is based in Basingstoke with a couple of days travel to London and other client sites.
The purpose of this role is to set ensure the data development across for our client is delivered effectively across the organisation and deliver upon the data strategy set by the Head of Data Strategy and Design. You will own the data development standards and drive our client's ambition in becoming an enterprise wide data company. You will also manage the development teams of the enterprise data warehouses and ensure their compliance.
Required Head of Data Development Experience:
- Solid experience of working in a senior Data Engineering position within a complex business setting, with a track record of delivering substantial data transformation
- Experience in leading delivery teams and developing high performance data engineering teams, within an ITIL framework
- Expert in delivery using proven delivery methodologies e.g. waterfall, Agile etc.
- Extensive data and business intelligence experience within a complex enterprise organisation.
- Deep expertise in the development of data warehousing, business intelligence, and analytical solutions.
- Previously held hands-on leadership roles directly managing data and analytics teams, and driving change within a large, complex business's.
- Proven record of partnering closely with 3rd parties and IT leadership avoiding conflicting activities
- Highly skilled in the development, and validation of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, and applied analytics.
- Experience within a large B2C and B2B2C operation.
- A good understanding of data governance and privacy.
- A broad technical skill set with previous hands on expertise in both traditional and unstructured data environments, BI stacks, and ETL tools.
- Must also have a proven and successful experience in operating at a C community level
- Ability to understand and relay complex data-related issues in a simple and easy to understand manner and you will also demonstrate expertise in big data technology infrastructure and environments coupled with business process architecture.
- A suitable candidate will also be highly knowledgeable in front-to-back data lifecycle and be highly proficient in wide array of data tools and technologies such as Teradata, SAS, SQL, Redshift, Looker etc.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age