Systems Engineer: Systems Engineer to provide support and delivery to a large global IT company. You will be working to ITIL model and working on...
Our corporate client has an immediate requirement for a SC cleared Operational Security Engineer to join their team based in their Hampshire office on a 4 month contract.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the normal operation of the security infrastructure, applications and platforms through provision of proactive and reactive security provision to protect the organisation and their customers.
You will provide operational security support and management for the organisational wide security infrastructure, applications and platforms, this includes (but is not limited
- Firewalls (IP & Application)
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention platform
- Denial of Services appliances
- Application security tools & testing
- Anti-Malware services
- Database security tools
- Web & Mail security filtering technologies
- Security servers and security related appliances
- Virtualisation security
- End-point security
- Data Centre security
- Multi-factor security & AAA services
- Crypto (PKI) platforms
- Ensure that external security infrastructure related service providers meet their agreed SLAs
- Participate in tasks and initiatives as defined by the Head of Information Security or delegate
- Constructively contribute to continuous improvement within the IT Division
- Lead and mentor Operational security analysts
- Implement security technologies based on design documents
- Ensure security requirements are met, policies were followed and best practices were used during implementation.
- Write build documents and operations guides
- Troubleshoot, identify and take ownership on security problems
- Implementing efficient Data Centre
- Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
- Maintain a secure working environment in line with ISO270001, and the requirements of our clients Information Security Management System in order to protect individuals, information and their assets
Qualifications / Experience:
- Information Security experience in an Operational role
- Firewall vendor certifications CCNA (security), CCSA
- Network certifications CCNA,CCNP
- Degree or equivalent experience
- SC Clearance
This role requires candidates who apply to hold a valid SC clearance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age