Our client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Server Specialist to join their Aberdeen based team.
The successfully candidate must have have previous Oil & gas experience as well as the following skills:
- Ensures server performance and maintains applications on servers;
- Problem solving and documentation of current and new servers in both physical and virtual environments
- Performs and oversees continuous system health checks, user administration, and application of patches and upgrades
- Performs data management services, server tuning, and directory services maintenance
- Increase reliability and enhance efficiencies by implementing 3rd party tools and scripts
- Delivers anti-virus software updates and virus protection to classrooms and user desktops
- Ensures compliance to security standards, policies and guidelines across the College network
- Provides business continuity through thorough back-up and restore procedures, and periodic testing of outage scenarios;
- Administers and maintains a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and Hyper-V virtual servers
- Assists in the operations and maintenance of the campus local area network;
- Third level support for desktop resolution issues, backing up the Service Desk, Desktop, and Network Technicians
- Configures and maintains Microsoft SCCM for monitoring of network devices, applying application patches and updates, facilitating service request fulfilment, and safeguarding data;
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots group policy and administrative templates;
- Configures and troubleshoots Windows and Visual Basic scripting;
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server-based applications running on the network including Exchange 2010 and 2013, SQL Server2005, 2008, and 2012, and Microsoft IIS and Active Directory Services 2008 and 2012;
Please note only candidates with previous Oil and Gas experience can be considered for this role.
Should this position be on interest please apply and i will contact you to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age