Software Engineer (Go Developer)Contract role London based.Are you a Golang Developer with extensive AWS and Microservices experience?You will be working for a leading media company...
Digital and Print Production Engineer required for a leading media company working closely with the editorial, advertising, print services and distribution teams. A varied role requiring a sound knowledge of production support products and processes, as well as the ability to work to tight deadlines. Managing the delivery of newspaper publications to multiple global Web offset print sites and digital customers, as well as troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
The successful applicant will have proven technical aptitude, good colour management skills and be willing to grow into related technical roles, including new print site commissioning, workflow system management and print site system and service management.
Hours of work: 35 (6 day rota - Sunday to Friday including evenings)
- Good knowledge of printing/Pre-Press processes.
- Experience within advertising production or publishing environment.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work, including night work (usual shifts cover between 3pm and 11pm).
- Ability to grasp new technology quickly.
- Previous experience of working in a customer focussed support environment
- IT literate, including confident use of desktop applications (e.g. Google Docs, MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Knowledge of SalesForce / RemedyForce toolset
- Technical lead or team leading experience
Provide central contact between editorial, advertising, planning, print services, distribution and print sites.
Releasing of pages to print sites, to achieve target times to sites. To meet the businesses print production and distribution deadlines.
- Manage Production systems - Troubleshoot problem pages internally to establish the root cause - Troubleshoot prints site systems to enable seamless print production, to understand root cause.
- Managing, coordinating, tracking, resolving and reporting on incidents/problems with a view to continually improving customer outcomes
- Escalating major issues as required, and acting as an central point for any complex issues that need to be resolved internally or through our third party's.
- Reporting on nightly production including any deviation from standard release times.
- 3rd party supplier management including fault logging, as well as tracking and managing SLAs.
- Requesting improvements to services by analysing trends/patterns and identifying gaps/requirements
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- An office in the heart of London near St Paul's and London Bridge
- Excellent benefits package, including: 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension plan (double your contribution up to a maximum of 16%)
- Season ticket loan
- Private Healthcare / Dental plan
- Life assurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Give As You Earn
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
Apply now by sending in your CV
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age