Microwave Transmission Planner
Our client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for a Microwave Transmission Planner to join their team in London on an initial 3 month contract.
The Planner will be responsible for designing, developing and optimising a cost-efficient high-performance Microwave based transmission network to support 2G, 3G and 4G technologies The engineer participates in the technical approval of new and re-engineered Sites. The engineer's tasks also include occasional site surveys and line-of-sight survey analysis using horizon to horizon and LIDAR produced reports
Knowledge and Experience
- Microwave planning or design experience with a major vendor or operator.
- Excellent analytical Good understanding of Microwave and Fibre internetworking. Good standard of written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication standards (SDH: Synchronous Digital Hierarchy, PDH: Plesiochronous Digital Hierarchy, ATM: Asynchronous Transport Mode) with a basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and internetworking
- Experience of geographical information systems (GIS) and other computer-aided-design tools and problem solving skills
- MS Office (EXCEL Mandatory experience)
- Telecommunication and GSM/UMTS network knowledge
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age