Are you a UI/UX Designer? Do you have a solid understanding of user centered design principles?Are you a problem solver with an eye for detail...
My client a leading media company seeks a Principal Designer to join a design team responsible for designing all digital products covering business news and information - from award winning responsive websites to mobile applications. Reporting to the Head of Design, the individual will be responsible for shaping and directing the development of engaging and elegant user centred design across the client's digital products on desktop and mobile. The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering bold and scalable design solutions e.g. as a UI Designer, Visual Designer or Product Designer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Head of Design to direct, guide and develop the design team
- Work closely with a cross discipline agile team
- Produce high quality visual design output for digital products in high fidelity when required
- Balance customer needs with business goals and the brand vision
- Be aware of trends and innovations within user-experience industry / community
- Run or contribute to workshops, design studios and regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Work with the research team to facilitate the creation of usability studies, competitive reviews and artefacts for user-testing
- Working across all areas of digital products with an initial focus on the brand new responsive website
- Extensive commercial experience in digital design role, acting as a design lead, co-ordinating design work and consistency across a group of designers
- Expert in industry-standard software e.g. Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Photoshop
- Experience of defining and documenting complex design systems for large brands
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Working knowledge of contemporary web standards e.g. HTML5/CSS3/SVG etc.
- Worked in an Agile environment
- News based / media industry background
- Subscription products
The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
Benefits include: A competitive salary and incentive scheme, learning and development opportunities, 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years, fantastic contribution pension and life assurance etc.
To find out more please apply today!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age