Project ManagerOur Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Project Manager to join their Edinburgh based team for 12 months initial...
Our corporate client has an immediate requirement for a Project Manager (Telecoms) to be based in their Hampshire office, however you will need to be able to travel as visits to other sites will be essential.
The Project Manager will come on board to direct, implement and deliver small to medium size business projects ranging in complexity from initiation to completion in line with our clients Project Management Framework to meet the agreed budget, timescales and customer specification.
Key responsibilities / Deliverables:
- Define the project scope, goals and deliverables and produce the Project Initiation Document
- Define the tasks and resources required to deliver the project and produce a comprehensive project plan establishing project timelines, dependencies and critical paths
- Identify and assign the project team members, both direct and virtual, required to deliver the project, agree allocation of activities and manage delivery throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage the project budget allocated
- Identify 3rd party suppliers and ensure their standards of delivery, product specification and documentation are aligned to project requirements
Formal Project Management qualification
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- APMP Qualification
- Management of Risk (MoR)
- Change Management
The candidate must have delivered projects 'end to end' using the entire project delivery life cycle from business cases through to operational release.
Evidence of delivering one or more of the following projects is essential:
- Process Re-engineering
- Business Change
- Implementation of Regulations
Evidence of delivering one or more of the following projects is desireable:
- Asset Management Projects
- Telecoms projects
- 6 Sigma projects
- Ability to manage all aspects of project attributes including deliverables, assumptions, plans, quality, issues, risks, dependencies and resources
- Ability to manage detail to high level option - ranging from an understanding of business drivers and the technology that has been applied to meet them, to a thoroughness of approach through all stages of delivery.
- Ability to work to high standards of quality and professionalism and remain focused within an environment of conflicting demands; ability to deliver, correct and remediate delivery working with all stakeholders.
- Good communications skills with the confidence to handle challenging meetings/workshops.
- Good understanding of project control processes.
- Previous experience of Project Management Tools in a PMO environment
- Telecoms experience would also be beneficial
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age