Defect Manager 12 Months EdinburghOur Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Defect Manager to join their Edinburgh based team on a 12...
Agile Performance Test Analyst
Our Banking client is looking for an Agile Performance Test Analyst to join their Jersey based team for a 6 months initial contract. Candidate must have banking experience as well as:
What you'll do
Your focus will primarily be Non-Functional Performance and Load Testing. You will have the skills to analyse, design, execute and report using a variety of testing approaches and tools. You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience of NF Testing, whilst at the same time being an important member of the agile team. The ability to work flexibly and undertake other roles within the Agile Team is key to delivering the shared objectives of the team. You will report to the Non-Functional Test Manager.
Day to day in your role, you'll be responsible for:
- Input into the Non Functional Test Strategy
- Performance Test Plan creation
- Input into other areas of NFT (OAT/Resilience)
- Creating Load Runner scripts and scenarios
- Identifying parameterisation within scripts and correlation
- Building LR Scenarios reflective of the workload model to simulate a production load
- Extrapolating results from the test environment
- Proactively engaging with other teams to progress NFT goals
- Analysing production MI to build workload models
- Analysing the results to find out the potential bottlenecks
- Providing regular status updates to the NFT Manager on progress
- Performance Test Plans, Estimates
- Performance Test Script preparation / Test Development
- Working with Dev teams to understand potential performance/load related issues
- Test Execution and Reporting, Analysis of findings
- Input into the Test Completion Report
- Working with the business and project/change teams as required, to identify Performance related business requirements and scope of non-functional testing
- Coordinate with respective feature teams and programme manager
- Ability to triage failures, identify root-cause, and define corrective actions
- Ensures the test execution results fulfil the defined test objectives
- Assist in other NFT functions (OAT and Resilience)
- Logs defects/issues with appropriate details
- Help produce metrics for measuring benefits and other various aspects of projects and delivery.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with great interpersonal skills, enjoys thinking 'out of the box'
- Playing an active role in Agile scrums, refinement sessions, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Developing, delivering fit-for-purpose and quality testing to existing Testing Standards
- Adhering to Scripting Standards, Process and Procedures
The skills you'll need
- An interest in technology, people and an understanding of the end customer's goals are important
- A good communicator who works collaboratively in a team environment and able to articulate succinctly with management and development teams
- Knowledge and ability to utilise multiple testing methodologies. Proven application of testing (Waterfall and Agile), plus the ability to produce test plans, test scenarios and cases including, regression, NFT and Release testing.
- ISTQB/ISEB Certification.
- Good understanding of Web and Java Protocols
- Experience of change governance frameworks
- Able to coach/mentor more junior members of the team, and able to use expertise to assist stakeholders outside of the testing community
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, SQL and Quality Centre would be useful.
Location: This role is onsite in Jersey as part of an agile/scrum team. This contract does not include travel or accommodation costs.
If interested, please submit your cv.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age