PR/Marketing CoordinatorOur client who are an IT Support and Managed Service Provider are looking for a PR/Marketing Coordinator to join their team in Huntingdon on...
Our client who are an IT Support and Managed Service Provider are looking for a PR/Marketing Coordinator to join their team in Huntingdon on a permanent basis.
The ideal PR/Marketing Coordinator should have extensive Marketing and PR experience in all aspects of mainstream media. Must be flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames and proven ability to oversee marketing and advertising activities being delivered by their retained advisors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the brand identity; broaden awareness of its values and priorities; and increase the visibility of the company across a wider audience including the youth.
- Raise the profile of the company in support of our retained Marketing and PR Agencies to increase the client base, develop and implement a companywide plan to increase sales.
- To develop and maintain a database of media contacts.
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the client to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organisation and have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language. Work with the staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Develop print communications including the annual marketing report and marketing collateral materials and manage relationships with associated suppliers and clients.
- Create the social media plan and work in support of PR and Marketing Agencies to capitalise on wider material that is generated and convert to social media input.
- Create and upload approved and appropriate social media messages via linked in, Facebook and others.
- Work with the Website Manager to maximise the impact of electronic communications in relation to marketing and new media.
- To develop an annual marketing plan in conjunction with the retained advisors and Website Manager.
- Serve as communications interface within the company on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organisation.
- Exercise judgement to prioritise media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Accompany the CEO and other team members on speaking engagements and represent the company at events,
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding programs, special events, public announcements, fundraising, Outreach activities and other projects. Particularly media coverage for The Optimise Event.
- Create marketing materials where appropriate to support the role of PR (press releases/media packs, etc.) in collaboration with the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a PR/Marketing and communications leadership role.
- Experience of working within an IT Services based organisation and an understanding of the sales environment.
- Excellent communicator, with good interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing, supporting the creation of and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and approach/methods through multimedia including the Web.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age