Web Application Firewall | WAF Consultant | Web Application Firewall Administrator We are currently recruiting for a Web Application Firewall Administrator on a 3-6 month...
Web Application Firewall | WAF Consultant | Web Application Firewall Administrator
We are currently recruiting for a Web Application Firewall Administrator on a 3-6 month initial contract based in Ipswich. Our client are updating their network policies and are looking for a specialist to join their network team to focus on Web Application Firewalls.
- Create, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot F5 ASM policies for new and existing web applications
- Configure and manage WAF configuration for Imperva cloud WAF.
- Review vulnerabilities that impact web applications and develop WAF "Virtual Patching" solutions
- Monitor and analyse activity logs to detect malicious internet traffic and indicators of compromise as well as to reduce false positive blocks
- Review WAF usage and define means to improve protection policies
- Understand web applications at a sufficient level to work with developers to implement protective controls that may need to be customized for specific applications
- Interpret web protocol information to determine source, intent, and risk of threat agents
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Participate in technical design activities to ensure a sound design and any infrastructure impact is understood
- Work closely with Development, QA, Operations, InfoSec, and design engineers to ensure security requirements are met and web-applications are adequately protected from cyber-attacks
- Review vulnerability scan output and assess where WAF configuration can be used to mitigate attacks.
- Basic understanding of data flow technologies such as routing, natting, arps and associated command line tools such as tcpdump
- Awareness of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies including network firewall, IPS, and web proxy.
- Knowledge and experience of F5 Load Balancers and Products
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science, or Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Extensive IT work experience including strong experience working with Web Application firewalls.
- Security Qualifications preferred e.g. F5 CTS-ASM/CISSP/CISM/ISC2/CEH or equivalent
- Previous experience of working within a regulated environment i.e. in the financial services, Insurance industry
- Full understanding of the application project life cycle and process/procedure design.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of security tools. Experience in IPS, WAF, Load Balancers, Firewalls and Network Security
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age