Senior Web Designer / UI Designer Contract London End of Jan Initially We are currently recruiting for a Senior Web Designer / UI Designer to...
Senior Web Designer / UI Designer - Contract - London - End of Jan Initially
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Web Designer / UI Designer to join one of our clients in a contract position. This contract is due to initially finish at the end of January, with a view to extend. We are looking for someone who has a strong portfolio displaying a range of design work and will be confident working with UX designers and developers.
Specific role requirements:
This is an optimisation project of our client's website, working with responsive code with a focus on mobile devices
- Has worked on project deliveries with familiarity of waterfall and agile approaches.
- Has strong communication skills and will work well in a project team with multi disciplines.
- Strong sketch design software familiarity with an artistic eye for detail (priority)
- Understands HTML5, CSS3 and can work with a SVN code repository (priority)
- Understands quality assurance benchmarks W3C / WCAG validation (priority)
- Writes valid and accessible HTML / CSS
- Understands workflow management tools Confluence / Jira or similar i.e. Basecamp
- Familiar with ARIA and WCAG 2.0 and web accessible tools such as screen readers
- Design within brand guidelines and for UI consistency
- Ecommerce design, user flows and UI design patterns for mobile / current trends
- Responsive design optimisation for layout and touch interactions
- SVG icon fonts and responsive imagery approaches
- Cross browser/ device testing approaches for UI issues
- Retail experience
- Familiar with subversion code management software
- Interested in mobile first progressive enhancement responsive design approach and web design using a component library framework
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age