Firewall / Network EngineerCertified Firewall / Network Engineer is required to deliver overall IT Service availability, ensure network infrastructure meets or exceeds 99.95%The Network/Firewall engineer...
Firewall / Network Engineer
Certified Firewall / Network Engineer is required to deliver overall IT Service availability, ensure network infrastructure meets or exceeds 99.95%
The Network/Firewall engineer will provide 2nd Line LAN and firewall support which will include the implementation of daily changes using the required technologies. Manage service desk tickets, perform DNS administration and IP Address management
- Check Point CCSA R75 upwards
- Cisco CCENT and\or CCNA
- Juniper JNCIA or similar working experience
- Cisco CCNP Security track
As the Network & Firewall Engineer it will be essential to hold the following skill set:
- Check Point upwards of R75 and associated blades - Log analysis and firewall rule administration, Smartcentre, IPSec VPN, Antibot, IPS & GAiA OS.
- Configuration of Cisco Catalyst IOS - Switching, routing and port security.
- Juniper - EX series switches, including VCP
- Understanding of core networking fundamentals - TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, LACP, Spanning Tree, VRRP, HSRP, VLAN Trunking, Ethernet, VOIP, LLDP, CDP and SNMP.
- Troubleshooting tools - Wireshark, TCP dump, FW Monitor, Syslog & Platform specific commands
- Linux OS (some working knowledge)
It will also be advantageous to have the following:
- Aruba Networks - Instant AP Wireless administration and Clearpass
- Layer 2 security services such as IP DHCP snooping, Maximum MAC and dynamic ARP inspection
- Hands on experience with core routing protocols - OSPF, EIGRP & BGP
- Network Implementation - Physical installation, test plans and procedures
- WAN technologies - VPLS, ADSL, PPPoE, PPPoA
- Virtual network technologies - GNS3, Virtualbox, VMWare to simulate live networks and facilitate the testing of new designs/features.
- Hardware/software maintenance - Patch management and upgrades.
- Vulnerability scanning tools such as Qualys
- Experience of monitoring tools and their respective protocols, such as Solarwinds and Cacti
- 802.11X authentication for wireless networks
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age