Data Analyst InsuranceEssential: Extensive Business and Systems Analysis experienceIn-depth understanding of the systems development process and overall project lifecycleExcellent data and process analysis skillsConceptual, Logical...
Data Analyst - Vertica Columnar Database Experience - Life Sciences
Our client within the Life Sciences industry are looking for a Data Analyst to join them for an initial 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will have experience of delivering high quality database design and the ability to take this from design to delivery.
Recent assignments including understanding the move between relational and columnar databases would be highly advantageous. Experience with linked or semantic data within the Life Science/Pharma industry would also be highly beneficial.
Data Analyst Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Micro Focus
- Experience with Vertica Columar Database Version 7
- Hands on experience with the implementation of the data model both logical and physical (designing, creating and implementing best practice)
- Knowledge of data modelling techniques, including demonstrable skills in dimensional, relational and de-normalised models
- Experience in taking transactional models through design to delivery of complex reports
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalisation/de-normalisation, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle, ideally with strong sql based queries including complex joins and tuning skills
- Proven hands on experience and knowledge of the HPE/Micro Focus columnar database Vertica including complex joins and tuning skills
- Linked data/Semantic knowledge not essential, but helpful
- Practical working knowledge of agile development methodology expected
If you feel you have the right skill set for this Data Analyst role then please apply, we look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age