Service Transition LeadOur corporate client in the Hampshire area urgently requires a Service transition Lead who has previous experience in managing transition of new IT...
Our client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies are looking for a Remedy Lead to join their team based in Newbury on an initial contract until the end of June.
- Managing applications in terms of configuration, changes, implementation, rollout and preparation for all operated services including on call duties
- Performs health checks and troubleshooting activities in order to maintain the functioning state of the hardware and software systems, using the available tools
- Resolving incidents, problems and service requests including implementation of workarounds and changes. This includes timely availability of major incident reports for any major incident and actively driving the implementation of appropriate counter measures
- Managing or executing the deployment of BAU patches, hot fixes in line with change management process
- For some of the delivered solutions, modifies and adapts the existing software in order to reach better performance and customer experience.
- Prepares major incident reports, further used by problem and incident management teams.
- Reviews the functional and technical specifications of the hardware and software systems within the readiness process.
- Works in compliance with the operational agreements and fulfils the key performance indicators of the service (e.g. speed, response time, error rate).
- Requests and manages external support from 3rd-party suppliers and L3 support team
- Creates work instructions and technical operational procedures in order to consolidate the knowledge and competence within the team and adjacent support units.
- Experience in Telecom (preferably) /IT
- Experience in development/ support of Remedy trouble ticketing systems
- Technical knowledge in the following technologies:
- Remedy development & /or Support
- UNIX based operating systems such as RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Databases such as Oracle SQL, Oracle Exadata, MySQL, Sys admin
If this role is of interest the please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age