Graduate Opportunity Contract Administrator Law or English GraduateWe are currently seeking a Contract Author to work for a leading company in Northampton. Working as part...
Graduate Opportunity - Contract Administrator - Law or English Graduate
We are currently seeking a Contract Author to work for a leading company in Northampton. Working as part of a team, the contracts author will receive training to specialise in drafting and negotiating service contract documents and any ongoing associated changes throughout the contract term.
The candidate will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Participate and contribute to the contract management process
- Drafting and negotiating service schedule agreements for multiple service offerings in line with the requirements of the tender/proposal, with a proactive and pragmatic approach that ensures contract agreement without unnecessary and/or unacceptable exposure
- Reviewing of contractual terms and conditions to ensure service schedules are constructed and agreed correctly
- Negotiating service schedules with representatives of customers and suppliers.
- Management of the Contract Change Notice process through to the internal legal team review
- Creation of service schedules in subcontractor/purchasing agreement
- Maintain good internal relations with internal account managers, operations and business unit heads to offer direction and instructions on contractual matters liaising with the legal team
- Resolve contractual, commercial and service problems
- Working with the delivery teams to translate the contractual documents in to roles and responsibilities
- Review, scrutinising, operational service process flows for contractual purposes
- Ensure the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties
- Risk assessment
- Ensuring that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and are able to adhere to contractual obligations; reflecting them accurately
- Provide service/commercial knowledge to the internal legal team where required
- Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent benefits offered including 25 days holiday plus your birthday and company pension scheme.
The candidate will be educated to degree level, preferably in Law or English. They will have the ability to facilitate co-ordination of cross functional teams to an agreed outcome and will have excellent typing skills and speed, working towards drafting "real-time" during negotiations. They will have excellent attention to detail, methodical and process driven. Experience in a commercial environment is desirable, however full training will be provided in return.
Apply today or call Josh at Lorien on 0161 804 4358 for more information about the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age